The Common Market leads and collaborates with diverse partners to improve food access and build health and wealth in communities. To learn more about our programs, or to partner with The Common Market on your local food initiative please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 343-9525 ext 21.
Food Access Fund
The Common Market seeks partners to join us in making good food accessible and affordable. We can provide a 25% discount on good food purchases to qualifying organizations that are:
- Mission driven (nonprofit/501(c)3 or social enterprise)
- Community-based and their impact is focused and targeted (neighborhood or community/population specific, not necessarily city, region or country-wide)
- Committed to expanding food access, building health and wealth and/or alleviating food insecurity
- Led by and/or works closely with community members most impacted by limited food access with a goal of leadership development and/or food sovereignty
- Majority of food purchased with discount goes directly to community members most impacted by limited food access
- It might be difficult for this organization to source from The Common Market without this discount in place
To become a partner in our program please complete our Food Access Fund Application.
Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program
As a partner in Wholesome Wave Georgia's Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program (FVRx), The Common Market Georgia is helping to incorporate local food into a unique, multifaceted intervention that changes the way we approach health, medicine, and nutrition.
Through the FVRx, doctors provide participants with prescriptions for weekly shares of fresh produce at Grady Hospital. The evidence-based food-as-medicine model provides affordable access to healthful foods to prevent and treat chronic diet-related illnesses, all while supporting sustainable food systems.