Good. Fresh. Local.
At The Common Market, we know our growers personally, understand their farming practices and have on-the-ground experience at their farms. We are working to build a sustainable regional food system by sourcing from producers who use responsible farming methods and business practices.
All of our vendors must meet the following criteria:
- responsible land stewardship
- ensuring safe & fair conditions for farm workers
- providing safe growing, harvesting & processing practices
- reducing or eliminating pesticides
- eliminating hormones & sub-therapeutic antibiotics in livestock
- providing healthy & humane care for livestock
- located within 250 miles of our Atlanta warehouse
If you have questions about the growing practices of our farmers, our food safety program or our product availability, please get in touch!
Contact our Georgia operations manager at email@example.com or call (678) 343-9525 ext 21.
"The Common Market has been wonderful to work with. Not only is the customer service great but the products are also." — Derick Smith, Culinary / Culinary Purchaser, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Atlanta
Food safety is a fundamental cornerstone of The Common Market’s work. Our ability to serve vulnerable populations such as hospital patients, the elderly and school children is enabled by our strong food safety practices.
The Common Market’s HACCP Plan and Food Safety Practices are audited annually by a Third Party Auditor, NSF International. In 2017, The Common Market Georgia will undergo its first SQF Level 2 audit. SQF is a globally bench-marked standard that is part of GFSI, the Global Food Safety Initiative.
The Common Market only purchases from growers with the highest standards of food safety. At The Common Market Georgia, we are working with each of our produce farms to achieve GAP certification for Good Agricultural Practices by 2018. All of our growers who use the USDA Organic label have been certified as such.
Products Available Year-Round
We support a diverse array of local producers throughout the year. In addition to fresh seasonal produce, we offer the following locally-sourced products from January through December:
- Artisan cheese
- Free Range eggs
- Hormone-free milk
- Flours & grains
- Honey & jams
- Organic energy bars
- Locally roasted coffee
Fresh Seasonal Produce
Our availability list is updated on a weekly basis as produce comes in and out of season with the changing weather in our region. The following is a sample of what we procure from local farms. Many products are available for several months throughout the year.
- Winter: Apples, Citrus, Collards, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Kale, Turnips
- Spring: Strawberries, Arugula, Asparagus, English Peas, Onions, Radishes, Spinach
- Summer: Blackberries, Blueberries, Cantaloupes, Peaches, Plums, Raspberries, Watermelon, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Okra, Field Peas, Peppers, Summer Squash, Zucchini
- Fall: Muscadines, Pears, Persimmons, Collards, Peanuts, Pumpkins, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes